Summer’s here and certainly the best season to indulge in your favourite refreshing drinks. Be it the lemonade, shakes, or smoothies. But of course, sometime what sets you off is the amount of sugar in them that hampers your health goals, right? Not this time! How about indulging in your favourite refreshment and yet maintaining your calorie intake well. This yummy Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Smoothie Recipe shall tell how!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (if you have fresh, freeze them first)
- 1 (6 oz) low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa, cooled
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon wheat germ
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Honey/ Stevia
*You could use either of the sweeteners, the amount will vary depending your personal preference of sweetness.
1 tablespoon of sugar equals 1/4 teaspoon of Stevia Powder.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
You have your favourite, now sip & enjoy!